Affiliate Disclosure – NitinOffers.COM content is free. When you purchase through referral links on this site, we earn a commission. Learn more.
Are you looking to create a website or blog but getting confused a lot that how to start a blog? In this article, I am sharing my own technique to create a free blog or a website without a paid domain and hosting.
Let’s see how?
To create a free blog you must have a Google account or a Gmail account, a normal internet connection, a desktop, or at least a big screen size tablet. I am not denying that you can’t create on a phone or mobile but I would highly recommend you do it on a desktop/computer/laptop.[toc]
How to create a free blog?
Go to blogger.com and log in with your Google or Gmail account.
After signing in, it will ask you to “Choose a name for your blog” that would be the title and it will be displayed at the top of your blog. After, choosing a name, click on the Next button.
Here you have to create an URL or simply a website address. Enter your blog URL which you want to access anywhere around the world. The URL must be unique. It will not allow you to create an URL that already exists. For example, if you are going to create https://nitinoffers.blogspot.com so it will not be available for you because I already registered it. The same thing will be for you. Whatever URL you registered, it will not be possible for anyone to register. And finally, click on the Save button.
With the all above simple steps, you can create a free blog or a website.
Now next question is –
How to customize a blog created on blogger.com?
It will take a few minutes which I am going to share step by step with a short description.
How to change a blogger theme?
After the creation of a free blog on blogger.com, you need to change a blogger theme because by the default theme maybe you won’t like it. However, this is not necessary if want to continue the default blogger theme so no need to change but I am going to share so that in case, future if you are interested so you can change.
- I believe you are already logged into your blog so check your side menu and click on the theme.
- Scroll down the page and choose any theme in Notable like light, coral, Dracula, pink, or antique.
- Let’s choose pink and click on the pink theme and click on Apply (See below image).
- [Optional] In case you want to change theme color, font, font size, title size, background image/transparent, etc so you can do after clicking on the customize button.
The best settings on the blogger blog (Blogger basic settings).
Go to settings, placed in the side menu, just below of theme (See the above image).
- Title – You will see a title that you can change or you can keep as it is.
- Description – You should provide a relevant description of your blog. For example, You want a blog to provide restaurant-related information so the description should be relevant.
- Blog language – Keep as it is. If you want to change so you can.
- Adult content – If you are already decided that you will post porn content so enable it. Otherwise, keep it as it is.
- Google Analytics – If you want to know from which IP address, device, browser, spending the time by the visitor on your blog, what pages/post visitor visits, screen size, etc, checked by the visitor you can track. To track, you have to create a Google Analytics account. You can use the same email ID which you used to create a blogger blog. I will explain this to you in this post so that you can understand it easily. This page will be so long if I am going to explain it here.
- Privacy – By default, it will be enabled. You can disable it in case you do not want to allow search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc to add your blog to show in search results.
- Publishing – You will see the two given below options.
- Blog address – Your blog address or URL will show here. In case you want to change, you can. Changing the blog URL may get down the traffic on your blog.
- Custom domain – Without a premium domain, your blog URL will be the same as nitinoffers123.blogspot.com, If you want to move your blog with a premium domain like nitinoffers123.com so you can and you have to pay around $10 to $20.
- HTTPS or HTTP – By default, it will be enabled. Ensure that visits to HTTP redirect to HTTPS, so keep it enabled.
- Blog admins and author – In this section, you can set someone as an admin to the editor or from the editor to an admin or author. Keep remember – If you are sharing your blog to post by someone else so do not assign him as an admin otherwise he/she can grab your full blog completely and remove you as well. In other words, be more secure so that you will not lose your blog.
- The pending author invites – Here, you can see your invited user’s email id with the date.
- Invite more authors – From here, you can invite by email ID.
- Reader access – By default, it is set to public and keep as it is. However, you have two more options like ‘Private to authors’ and ‘custom readers’.
- Posts – No changes required. However, you can change as per your need.
- Comment location – Keep set to embedded or you can change it as per your need. The changes will happen on all posts and pages.
- Who can comment? – Choose as per your need. I will recommend you to choose ‘Anyone (including anonymous)”.
- Comment moderation – Keep selected to ‘Always’.
- Email moderation requests to – You can add an email so that the email id owner will receive a notification email about new comments.
- Reader comment captcha – Let it remains enabled.
- Comment form message – If you want to add a comment from your email so add that email id.
- Email – I will not recommend you make any changes.
- Time zone – change the time zone as per your requirement. If you are from India so you can set it to “(GMT+05:30) India Standard Time – Kolkata”.
- Date header format – Change it if you need it or let it remains to be the default.
- Timestamp format – Change it if you need it or let it remains to be the default.
- Comment timestamp format – Change it if you need it or let it remains to be the default.
- Meta tags:
- Enable search description – I would highly recommend you to enable it if you want to show or show your content on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Add some related content below after enabling.
- Error & Redirects:
- [Optional] Custom 404 – Add some content as your need. It will only show when a visitor visits a broken or expired link on your blog.
- Custom redirects – Suppose you created a post with the URL as https://nitinoffers123.blogspot.com/2020/10/sign-out-gmail-on-android.html and now you want to change it to https://nitinoffers123.blogspot.com/2020/10/sign-out-gmail-on-ios.html so change ULR from your original post and publish. Here you have to add a redirect URL from old to new so that the user will not get a 404 error on your blog.
- Crawlers and Indexing:
- Enable custom robots.txt – Do not make any changes. If you have knowledge so make changes as your need.
- Enable custom robots header tags – By default it is disabled. Make it enable first so that the below options will also be accessible.
- Home page tags – No changes required
- Archive and search page tags – Enable ‘noindex’ only and keep the remaining item as it is.
- Post and page tags – No changes required
- Google Search Console – This is a link where you can see your blog performance on the Google search engine. However, you have to add your blog to Google Search Console first. This is also an important part which I will explain in a different article.
- Monetization – If you have a Google Adsense account so you can enable it and can add custom ads.txt code here. If you don’t have a Google Adsense account so no need to make any changes.
- Manage blogs:
- Import content – You can upload an XML file here so that your old blog will be published. If don’t have so any need to import. Or no need to touch this option.
- Back up content – Click to download your post, pages, and comments in one file. The file format will be XML.
- Videos from your blog – You may check or no need to touch them.
- Remove your blog – In case, you decided to delete your blog completely. Keep remembering this action cannot be undone.
- Site feed:
- Allow blog feed – Change to Until jump break.
- General – Let it be enabled.
- User profile – It’s optional to create a blogger profile. By default, your profile was created and visible to all bloggers and on a post (if allowed).
How to post an article on a free blog?
Now blogger’s blog is completely ready. But your blog is totally incomplete.
I am assuming that you are thinking that the above line is an error that I made while writing this article.
No! that’s not true.
I am trying to explain to you that from my side your blog is completely ready. Now your job has started. You have to start to create a post and pages so that you can post content. Let’s see two questions.
For example – Let’s create an about us page on a blogger’s blog.
- On the side menu, you will see a button named ‘Pages’. Click on that.
- After clicking on ‘Pages’, on the same side menu, on the top, you will see a button named ‘+ NEW PAGE’. Click on that.
- You will see a text field on the top named “Title” so type there ‘About us’ or ‘About’.
- Below and the middle of the page you will see a white, big space where you have to write about you/your business or whatever you want to share related to your blog, you can share something about yourself or the author of the blog.
- On the right side, you will see two options, preview and publish. You can review the page before going to publish or live around the world. After adding the content on the page, updating, and reviewing, you are ready to publish. Click on publish and it will become live to the world.
How to create the first post on a blog with Blogger.com?
Creating the first post on a blog with Blogger.com is the same as you created the above page on a blog with blogger.com
Go to the side menu and click on posts and click on ‘+ NEW POST’. You will see the same format as given above image but you will see more options to customize your post.
- Title – Create a title. For example, this page has the title “How to create a free blog or a website without a paid domain and hosting?“
- Write content – Write your first article so write good, real, and on the right things which you want to show the world.
- Right side – On the right side of the page you will see Preview and Publish pages. And a few more post settings like a label, published on, permalink, locations, and options.
- Labels – Labels are like categories. Simple we can say the label is a category. For example, If you wrote an article about Facebook so can tag that article as Facebook. I selected ‘Blogger’ in the category of this article.
- Published on – By default, It is selected to automatic. If you want to change the date and time or you want to schedule an article so you can add a custom time.
- Permalink – A permalink is a link. For example ‘https://nitinoffers123.blogspot.com/2020/10/sign-out-gmail-on-android.html’ is a link or permalink. With the permalink option, you can set your own link or can modify a link that is already published.
- Locations – Choose your location if you want to show (Not recommended).
- Search description – Write a relevant description of the article of up to 150 characters.
- Options – Here, you have an option to allow the readers to create comments.
- Custom robot tags – Set as per your need. In case you don’t have any knowledge about custom robot tags so do not make any changes.
- Review again your article, when you feel ready to publish your article, publish it and your article will go live to the world.
I used blogger.com for my personal and commercial use and it gave me a good response. However, I am a professional digital marketer so I need more features. My needs are covered with WordPress so I migrated my all blogs from Blogger to WordPress.
If you are a new blogger or a content writer or you just want to learn so I believe this article is for you.